Do you want to protect your custom digital signs? Here are some tips from experts.
With time, digital signs have replaced the conventional printed signs, and a majority of businesses have started to adopt them. Custom digital signs are ideal for small businesses as well as large corporations for a number of reasons. First of all, they eliminate the need for paper and printing, thus savinga lot of money. Secondly, the vibrant and colorful lights attract people instantly. Moreover, they are durable and can sustain themselves for a long time, hence serving as a long-term investment. In the following paragraphs, we will give you some tips that will enable you to protect your custom digital signs, and make them last longer.
So, let’s begin.
Consumer Grade Screens
Let’s suppose you are using a consumer grade screen. If the screen is unprotected, it calls for unnecessary damage, which will affect the warranty of your digital screen. Therefore, it is better to go for customer grade screens,as they are designed specifically for the outdoors. These screens usuallycome with a warranty. However, it is best to ensure that the warranty covers sun damage, weather damage or vandalism. That being said, it is even better to invest in enclosure systems for your digital signs.
Here are some flaws in consumer grade screens as pointed out by professionals.
- The surrounds on consumer grade screens are generally thicker towards the bottom. If these screens are installed in portrait orientation, they tend to appear uneven. Commercial grade screens on the other hand have a thinner and even bezel, which makes them much more conducive to portrait orientation.
- Unlike consumer grade screens, commercial grade screens are much more durable. They can stay turned on for several hours at a stretch. However, if you are tight on budget, consumer grade screens can come in handy. The only problem is that they might not last that long.
- Lastly, consumer grade screens do not provide the same features as the commercial grade screens, and therefore do not support the software.
Outdoor Screens Use
If you plan on using your digital screens outdoors, here are a few things you need to take care of.
- Standard screens are almost impossible to read directly under the sun. Therefore, it is better to check the degree of luminance and go for the ones that emit the most amount of light. The luminance of digital screens is measured by candelas by square meter.
- Outdoor digital screens are subject to snow, rain and sunlight. As we have already discussed, by adding enclosures, you can protect your digital screens against unfavorable weather conditions.
- Lastly, to decide the ideal number of screens,you must go through the local laws regarding digital screens in your area.
Leave a Reply